My resume is best viewed as a PDF. Click here to view it.
Publication Specialist at U.S. Army Aberdeen Proving Ground (tronc/NextGen Federal Systems)
August 2017-present | Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Advance the mission of Aberdeen Proving Ground’s public affairs office by producing articles, photos and videos for on-post newspaper.
- Develop approachable content by interacting with subject matter experts.
- Work has appeared in various Department of Defense reports and publications, and the Army.mil website.
- Manage newspaper’s website and content management system.
- Work with a team to edit and design newspaper.
General Assignment Reporter at Baltimore Sun Media Group (tronc)
April 2016-August 2017 | Baltimore, Maryland
- Pitched, researched and wrote news and feature stories for online, daily and weekly publications about the communities of southwest Baltimore County.
- Transitioned to Aberdeen Proving Ground in August 2017 to assist with a BSMG-contracted role.
- Leveraged strong background in photography to produce photos and videos to accompany print and web stories.
- Maintained active social media presence to promote content and establish personal brand.
- Recognized by the MDDC Press Association in General News Story and Religion Reporting categories.
Staff Writer at Delmarva Media Group (Gannett)
August 2011-April 2016 | Bethany Beach, Delaware
- Pitched, researched and wrote news and feature stories for online, daily and weekly publications spanning Delaware and Maryland’s beach communities.
- Beats included features, food and drink, education and town government.
- Developed ideas and content for recurring sections of DMG’s entertainment publication, Beachcomber.
- Created photos, videos and infographics for print and web stories.
- Used metrics to evaluate story performance and shape story ideas.
- Established active social media presence to promote content and establish personal and publications’ brands.
- Stories were often picked up by the Associated Press, USA Today, The Washington Post and The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal.
Communications Intern at University of Delaware College of Education and Public Policy
June 2009-May 2010 | Newark, Delaware
Wrote news and feature articles about the college and its students and faculty for the college’s website and other university publications. Covered events. Arranged photo shoots. Updated the college’s website with new stories and content using the Drupal content management system. Wrote script for a video to promote the college’s Human Services major.
Public Relations Intern at Tipton Communications
February 2010-May 2010 | Newark, Delaware
Wrote and edited press releases, articles for employee newsletters and communications plans for clients. Constructed website wireframes and edited website copy and layouts. Maintained company’s jobs blog, compiled weekly media database reports and tracked social media hits for clients.
Intern at Leighton Communications
June 2009-August 2009 | Wilmington, Delaware
Wrote press releases and pitched stories to newspapers nationwide to help promote the 2009 Live Auction at MLB All-Star FanFest for Hunt Auctions.
Editorial Intern & Stringer at University of Delaware Office of Communications and Marketing
January 2009-May 2009 | Newark, Delaware
– Wrote news and feature stories for various university publications and websites. Contributed to university’s coverage of the inauguration of Vice President Joe Biden.
Staff Reporter at The Review
2008-2009 | Newark, Delaware
– Wrote news and feature stories for University of Delaware’s independent student newspaper.
– Exceptional writing skills
– News judgement
– AP style
– Copy editing
– Social media
– DSLR photography
– Video shooting and editing
University of Delaware | Newark, Delaware
Bachelor of Applied Arts in Communication, mass communication concentration
Minors: Journalism, English