Click here to view my resume in .pdf format
General Assignment Reporter at Baltimore Sun Media Group (tronc) | Baltimore, Maryland
– Pitch and write feature and news stories about southwest Baltimore County, Maryland, for BaltimoreSun.com, The Baltimore Sun and two weekly community newspapers.
– Produce photos and videos to accompany print and web stories.
– Maintain active presence on social media to help establish personal brand.
Staff Writer at Delmarva Media Group (Gannett) | Bethany Beach, Delaware
– Pitched and wrote feature and news stories for DelmarvaNow.com and several daily and weekly publications spanning Delaware and Maryland’s beach communities. Regular topics included food and drink, education, profiles of community members and organizations, the arts and town government.
– Produced photos, videos and infographics to accompany print and web stories.
– Produced longform stories for DMG’s website.
– Developed section ideas and content for recurring sections of DMG’s entertainment publication, Beachcomber.
– Used metrics to evaluate story performance and shape story ideas. Member of DMG’s analytics team.
– Maintained active presence on social media to help establish personal brand. Contribute to social media accounts for newspapers.
– Stories have been picked up nationwide, including by the Associated Press, USA Today, The Washington Post and The (Wilmington, Del.) News Journal on a regular basis.
– Took part in community outreach activities as a representative of the company.
Communications Intern at University of Delaware College of Education and Public Policy | Newark, Delaware
Wrote news and feature articles about the college and its students and faculty for the college’s website and other university publications. Covered events. Arranged photo shoots. Updated the college’s website with new stories and content using the Drupal content management system. Wrote script for a video to promote the college’s Human Services major.
Public Relations Intern at Tipton Communications | Newark, Delaware
Wrote and edited press releases, articles for employee newsletters and communications plans for clients. Constructed website wireframes and edited website copy and layouts. Maintained company’s jobs blog, compiled weekly media database reports and tracked social media hits for clients.
Intern at Leighton Communications | Wilmington, Delaware
Wrote press releases and pitched stories to newspapers nationwide to help promote the 2009 Live Auction at MLB All-Star FanFest for Hunt Auctions.
Editorial Intern & Stringer at University of Delaware Office of Communications and Marketing | Newark, Delaware
– Wrote news and feature stories for various university publications and websites. Contributed to university’s coverage of the inauguration of Vice President Joe Biden.
Staff Reporter at The Review | Newark, Delaware
– Wrote news and feature stories for University of Delaware’s independent student newspaper.
Strong writing skills, news judgment and knowledge of AP Style. Proficient with HTML, blogging and content management systems, social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), photography, iPhone video shooting and editing, DSLR photography, Omniture and Chartbeat metrics systems. Familiar with CSS, iMovie video editing and Adobe Photoshop.
University of Delaware | Newark, Del.
Bachelor of Applied Arts in Communication, mass communication concentration
Minors: Journalism, English